- From 1996 to 2008, Framingham's General Fund has grown from
$103 million to $205 million, nearly
six percent per year.
Our public sector unions
refuse to contribute more to their
health insurance payments
- Our town's pension fund suffers from
Pension Deficit Disorder
and is short by $90 million. Our payments
to the pension fund ($7.9 million in 2006) will be increased
4.5% annually for the next 20 years.
- We will soon face a $100 million long term liability to pay
for health insurance for town employees who have retired.
- While our official population declines, student enrollment
in schools increases but most of these are
children of illegals.
Welcoming Proclamation is working and
encouraging them to come.
- In Framingham, ninety (90%) percent of
town/school employees are unionized.
Let's not get ourselves run out of town by unions with
School officials and police top the town's salary list.
They will keep coming back for more
as long as you say Yes!
How high should their salaries be before you say
enough is enough
These public sector unions must learn to
live within their means like the rest of us.
- When the override supporters say you should do it
for the children,
the beneficiaries of the override funds will invariably be the
teachers union and their salaries are already too high!.
- Our schools
Special Education (SPED) rate of 20%
is increasing dramatically, thanks to a push by the
Framingham teachers union
. So much so, we may be seeing white flight.
- Our vocational school, Keefe Tech is now
42% SPED. How long before it's all SPED?
- The basic philosophy behind Framingham's town government is to
at every turn. The only reward you get for success is
- Your water and sewer fees have increased for three consecutive
years in 2006,
- Our school salaries are too high.
- We have a declining population
due to huge increase in home prices. This concurs with the
town census numbers I acquired.
- Framingham has an ongoing
policy to encourage illegal immigration
and this policy is further encoded in our police chief's
.There is absolutely no excuse to drive seniors out of their
houses due to high property taxes while the town is
specifically burdening us with the costs of illegal aliens.
This override will be used to pay for the
cost of the town's policy of specifically encouraging
Illegal immigration is clearly is an unfunded mandate being
forced on us. You can reject it by saying No on any
and all future overrides.
Our schools are plagued with
bilingual students, most of which are children of illegals.
We also seem to be plagued with
special education students.
Our schools take up the
lion's share of the town's budget. Our 8,400 students
that make up about 13% of our population utilize sixty three (62%)
percent of our municipal budget.
- The Framingham police department constitutes a systemic failure at
immigration law enforcement
- We are overwhelmed with school-aged children living on
tax-exempt SMOC facilities
- We are already the most expensive city in the United States.
Why raise taxes when the price of gas and heating oil is
too high? Aren't we sufficiently overwhelmed with other
costs in life, like mortgage payments, retirement savings,
college costs, etc.
- Town employees seem to have enough money that they
don't bother to cash their checks
- Framingham has
one fire chief and four deputy chiefs
. It's a top-heavy department.
- Framingham has
one police chief, three deputy chiefs, one chief's aide,
and an assistant to the chief
. The city of Worcester which is three times
the size of Framingham also has three deputy police chiefs.
Of course, in Framingham,
most police log entries
show crime activity close to our police headquarters.
Besides, have you seen anyone being
arrested as an illegal driving without a license
- We can't afford really
part-time bus drivers getting $16/hour
, full health insurance and retirement.
- Our school crossing guards work 8 hours a week for $15/hour and
get full family health insurance and full retirement
benefits. One town meeting member calculated they get paid
over $60/hour... I calculated about $75 per hour.
- Chances are you cannot afford your own house.
Doesn't it strike you to be ridiculous that your children
cannot afford to live in Framingham unless you bequeath your
house to them?
Do you really want to make it more expensive?
- An examination of the
assessments in Framingham
shows you who pays for the brunt of the override, the small
- Don't you think we have way too many
tax exempt properties including
one third of all Framingham apartments are subsidized thru
HUD Section 8 vouchers.
Want to pay for more subsidies?